How to Become a DocVerify e-Notary
Categories: Electronic Notary, Remote Notary, Web Cam Notary
Other articles by: Docverify Admin
DocVerify makes it really easy for commissioned notaries to become electronic notaries or e-notaries.DocVerify's e-notary platform enables the notary to generate legal e-notarized documents for both in-person notarizations and web cam based remote notarizations.
The first thing you need to do is to find out if your state allows its commissioned notaries to perform electronic notarizations and/or remote notarizations.
The second thing you need to do is to find out the steps required by the state to become an e-notary. Every state has different rules such as additional applications, classes, etc., so it's important to know what those are.
Once you have all of that squared away, getting activated on DocVerify is easy. Just follow the steps below.
- if you don't already have a DocVerify account, click here to create a free account.
- Sign in to DocVerify with your existing or new account.
- Click the "Notary Portal" button
- Click the "Notary Application", and fill in the application with your information.
- Once the application is submitted, it usually takes 3 to 5 business days for the approval process once you have sent in all of your follow up information.
Note: there is a $100 setup fee for all new notary applications. If your state allows remote notarizations, and you want to provide remote services you must be on the Enterprise or higher editions.